The 8th annual SciMathMN STEM Day at the State Fair, Minnesota’s annual celebration of all things STEM will again open the Great Minnesota Get Together, Thursday, August 24, 2017. Past years have seen a broad variety of hands-on activities for fair goers in robotics, aeronautics and aerospace, programming, modern manufacturing, and a host of other STEM fields. The event attracts a wide variety of fair goers with a growing number of families coming the first day of the fair specifically to attend STEM Day. Groups wishing to apply to be an exhibitor can apply here. In considering your organizations application please consider the selection criteria.
First Priority will be given to organizations which meet the following criteria (listed in order of importance):
1. Organization’s mission and purpose pertain to and are based in science, technology, engineering and mathematics
2. Organizations that collaborate and share exhibit space with an outside organization or other departments or divisions within their overall institution
3. Organizations that provide a hands-on, STEM-based activity focused on children and youth
4. Organizations from outside the Twin Cities metro area
5. Organizations new to the STEM Day event
6. Demonstrated goals to target audience
7. Appropriateness of planned activity
8. Organization’s ability to underwrite their activity. Funds for direct exhibitor support are limited.
Other factors that will influence the committee’s decision:
1. Non-profits must be registered in the state of Minnesota.
2. For-profit companies and organizations are restricted from conducting commercial operations
3. Sponsorship of STEM Day.
4. Organizations have a mechanism for community engagement in STEM or volunteer service to the community in STEM activities.
5. Date of submission of the application.
The deadline for application submissions is May 13, 2017.